Setting up my Facebook site was a lot of fun. Clicking on each individual person to invite them... not so much! But this is the price we pay to prevent being spammed with invites so hats off to whoever is standing their ground and pushing through the hate male on that one! This week I was asked to like 7 business sites and to explain my reasoning for choosing those 7.
I have several different reasons for choosing the businesses that I chose to support with my new page likes. The first site I liked is a no brainer. I have a major nerd crush on Bucky Roberts as he has been there to teach me through many a hard night of Java programming and does it with a sweet voice full of little goofy puns and jokes that crack me up no matter how bad my mood is. Bucky Roberts is a genius and I want to
share his posts and videos with my audience. I would not have passed my
last programming course if it were not for his videos. Although I am
doing great in my latest programming course due to having an amazing teacher, I
still want to watch the videos that come available and share them with my
audience.
I have liked “Linux Academy” because it is through them and
their certification preparation that I was able to make the major career change
that I have made and I continue to learn through them. I also chose a
couple of pages that are geared specifically toward women in technology.
I am working to appeal to an audience of women who are interested in the
industry but may be a bit intimidated by the lack of female perspective and might not know where to go for learning tools.
I chose to support
Harley Davidson not only because I love my Harley but again, I would like to
tie together the women who are wanting to step outside of the box while
maintaining some entertainment for the men as well. I am also trying to
reach a very specific audience of supporters and I believe that many riders
would be supportive even if they are not specifically interested. I am
looking to be connected with pages that will provide articles to share and an
audience as well.
Vigor Technologies is the company that I work for and ties into my theme as well. Vigor is the most culturally diverse company that I have ever worked for. They are huge supporters of my education and want to encourage more women to get into the industry. I chose to like their page to share that will my subscribers.
All of these pages reach out to an audience that might also be interested in what I have to say. I could increase my audience by being linked with the pages that I have liked and continuing to post interesting things and working to promote my business. I was a little concerned with liking the pages of all of my classmates because I am not sure what my audience will think of my liking Wedding Planners or Salons. I was worried about wearing out my likes so to speak. But, I don't think I am reaching enough of an audience right now for it to be a concern and I will set my featured likes up so that will help. I am happy to be networked with these other businesses and excited to see others flourish!
Besides... I do what I want!! :-)
Yeah it's hard to reach a large audience, but check this oot paste in your bar blob:https://www.youtube.com/c2f564ae-857d-4455-a552-329debc96436
ReplyDelete