Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 5: Post Reach and Post Engagement

The questions this week are as follows:
  1. Define the difference between post reach and post engagement. 
  2. Why is knowing the difference important?
  3. After defining the terms, describe how a business can use Facebook Insights to better serve their customers.
I would like to start by saying that I created my page on Wednesday and five days later we are at 64 likes.  I hope to boost this number quickly but I am limited on time to share and comment and be engaged so we will see what happens.  Our post reach (the number of people that our posts are reaching) is currently at 243.  Our post engagement (the number of people who have engaged with our posts through comments, likes, etc) is at 221!  I am very excited about this because it says to me that almost half of the people who are viewing our posts are responding or "engaging" in some sort of way.  This is an important difference because if you are reaching 400 people and none are responding, you are not appealing to those you are reaching which would mean you are doing one of two things.  Either you are not reaching your target audience or you are not appealing to your target audience.  Either way, something must change!  I am noticing quickly that what time I post is very influential on how many people I reach.  If I post at the wrong times when the audience is not looking then my posts are getting lost in a sea of News Feeds.  I have hundreds of friends who are on my personal page often but this is different and it is new so I need to be more strategic in how I approach it.  
I think that these tools are just amazing!  You can really measure the success of your marketing efforts and make decisions and analyze the data until you have successfully mastered the art of Social Media Marketing Ninjas.  ;-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment