This semester has been one heck of a ride! This class has
been the highlight of pleasant things in my life and I regret that I did not
have as much time to dedicate to this course and the Seesterhood of the
Traveling Nerds than I would have liked to. I am seriously looking
forward to having time to spend on my new blog site, Facebook page and Twitter.
I have learned so
much this semester about Social Media and about myself. I love to blog!
I should have known this already because I love to go on endless rants
about myself, others, technology, jobs, businesses, etc. My use of social
media changed dramatically as well. In connecting this new venture of
mine with other sites and personal profiles, I have learned the importance of
being political in my personal posts and blogs as well because they can all be
viewed and my business is directly connected with my name.
I am up to 86
likes on my Facebook page right now and I know that number will grow
dramatically as I spend more time on it and pay more attention to the people
who are currently viewing. My original post regarding social media was
regarding the marketing ninjas and how all of it is eventually about making
money. My view has not changed on that. However, I do not think
this is a bad thing at all. I think that the creators of these platforms
have found a way to dodge the cost of the actual media/media and that our money
is no longer just being handed up to the television networks and
newspapers because we have found a new and cost effective way to market that
does not require these extensive costs.
No comments:
Post a Comment