In addition to Twitter and Facebook that I use often, There are other sites that I can use to help my business grow. Among those are LinkedIn, GoogleMaps, Yelp, and Google+. LinkedIn is an excellent resource for my type of business because if I join the right groups I will gain access to articles, information and news in the tech industry that I might not have otherwise seen. It is also where I market myself best in the industry. In fact, my personal website is nothing more than a link to my LinkedIn profile. Check it out! go to www.awsjen.com and it will take you to me!
GoogleMaps is a great way to advertise even if you do not have an actual storefront. If you can put your information in with a PO box in your town or your home address even if need be, then it gets you in the system! It is the first thing you see when you google something in your industry and your town... GoogleMaps comes up with a list of the locations in that area. So, even for a business like mine, I think it is a good idea.
Google+ may not seem important right now and is not super populated but it is on it's way. You don't ever hear someone say, "Yahoo that sh@t!". So, I recommend becoming familiar with and integrated with Google as much as possible.
Yelp, well, what can I say? It is one of the most used tools in my life! It is where I go to first to find out about a company that I don't know anything about so make friends with those guys! If you have any product to offer at all you will want to pay attention to this site and your customer's feedback. Always respond publicly and try to have a solution not an argument because others are reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment