I have to say, this week's assignment has been quite a hassle for me because the email site that we used is now blowing up my phone to help me with marketing! Everything has a price, right? However, it was a very nifty service. I have created email newsletters before using Microsoft publisher and it worked out nicely. With the tools that we all have at our disposal these days, emailing our customers is such a breeze!
If you are at all into cloud technology then you understand the important role that this plays in this form of marketing. I will spare you the details of the mail servers and being able to quickly create a new email address for a specific purpose but it is a wonderful thing that was not very big back when I was working in marketing.
With publisher, you can use a template like the one that we used and you can create your email newsletter there. If you have Microsoft Office then you have publisher and you are set. The best thing about this is that you can also create a suite of mailers, business cards, etc that all match each other and then just run down to your local copy center and print it all out!
Email newsletters are easy and cost efficient but you have to grab your audience and not over do it or you will end up in the spam folder. Some ideas are to always include new discounts on the newsletter or valuable information so that your clients are actually looking forward to receiving it instead of sending it to spam. Also, to not send them too often so that they become more annoying than helpful. I recommend expiration dates on coupons and discounts as well so that it does not become a situation where they just pile up.
No comments:
Post a Comment